I know I don’t need to say much about avocado toast because this is one of about 15,000,000 recipes for it on the internet, but I really like this version, so I wanted to share it! Avocado toast is just the best, isn’t it?!
I will say though … if you’re worried about the fat content, just remember that gosh darn-it, avocados are really good for you. Especially if you follow a meatless, dairy-free diet like me, I don’t see any reason to limit the amount of healthy plant-based fats by cutting out the magical avocado.
Don’t mess with my avocados, mmmkay?!
Easy Avocado Toast
- Avocado (one avocado is enough for four pieces of toast)
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Your favorite store-bought or homemade gluten-free bread
- Start by toasting the bread. Meanwhile, slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Cross-hatch the avocado with a knife and scoop the pieces into a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to the avocado and mash to incorporate. Season with salt, pepper, and pepper flakes and stir. When the toast is ready, use a fork to gently smash the avocado mixture onto the toast. Season with more salt, pepper or pepper flakes to taste.
My favorite way to serve this avocado toast is by baking up a batch of Oh She Glows Super Power Chia Bread (not pictured). It is so incredibly healthy and perfect for savory toppings.
A small slice of my vegetarian frittata, a couple of over-easy eggs, or a side of fresh fruit are great accompaniments to this simple recipe. Huge plus: these healthy fats will keep you full for hours!