Sometimes all you want is an easy, light and comforting lunch and this vegan pho-style soup checks all those boxes ✔️✔️✔️. With a tasty local mushroom ginger stock it couldn’t be easier to put together, and you can customize it with your favorite toppings, which, in my opinion, is the best part about pho!
It’s also an excellent meal if you happen to be on the mend, and it’s one of my suggestions for natural remedies to pesky cold and flu symptoms.
The reason this pho-style soup is so easy is because I used Taking Stock’s mushroom ginger broth. Taking Stock is a local company that just celebrated one year in business! The company also offers bone broth for non-vegetarians. I had the opportunity to try their vegan flavor at the Linden Hills Farmers’ Market this winter and absolutely fell in love with the earthy mushroom flavor and the zing of ginger that just warms you right up.
Easy Vegan Pho-Style Soup
- 2 cups (16 oz) Taking Stock Mushroom Ginger Broth*
- Baby bok choy
- Jalapeño, de-seeded and sliced thinly
- Button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- Spinach leaves
- Mung bean sprouts
- Leftover pan-fried tofu, cubed
- Vermicelli rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Add the ginger mushroom broth to a small saucepan and set it over medium heat. Bring the broth up to a simmer, maintain the simmer 1 minute, then remove from heat. Add in your toppings, which can be any combination of those listed above, or whatever your favorite vegan pho toppings are. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lime.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post, however, Taking Stock did provide me with samples to try and share at my discretion. The opinions on this blog are always my own!