I am allllll about the snacks. I swear I eat all day! This snack mix is a little bit of everything—sweet, spicy, crunchy, and salty. It’s great for an informal get-together, or I like to make a batch and take it to work throughout the week or I take some with me when I travel. Try it with your favorite mix of nuts and seeds, maybe toss in some cereal like Chex or Cheerios for something different, or add in some corn nuts for a nice salty crunch.
Snack Mix Recipe
- 3 tbsp. Tamari
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or vegan butter substitute, melted
- ¼ tsp. each turmeric, cayenne
- 1 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
- 1 c. each gluten-free pretzels, pepitas, roasted cashews, almonds (or mix and match your favorite nuts and seeds/whatever you have around)
- 4 c. popcorn, popped (I use a retro air popper that my mother-in-law gave us!)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine all the sauce ingredients. Place all the mix ingredients, except for the popcorn, onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with the sauce. Stir until everything is well coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir to ensure even cooking. Bake for an additional 5 minutes and stir, potentially an additional 5 minutes for a total of 20. Pay close attention during the second half of the cook time. You don't want it to burn! If the pretzels seem to be more done than the rest of the mix, pull some of them off to cool. When the mix is done, remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Toss in the popcorn before serving.
Store your snack mix in an airtight container for up to a week.