Annnnnd we’re back. I had to follow up that b-a-n-a-n-a-s vegan caramel puff corn recipe with something a little closer to my vibe: easy roasted broccoli. It gets perfectly charred and fresh, drizzled with lemon juice and zest, just like my roasted Brussels sprouts. This is another veggie recipe you’ll have to resist eating straight off the pan!
This is basically a replica of my Brussels sprouts recipe because it’s pretty basic and works really well for both vegetables. I love adding leftover lemony roasted broccoli to salads to boost the flavor and add unique texture. Anything to give my salads a tasty twist!
If you prefer to (or can only) buy heads of broccoli, you may want to buy 2 larger heads for this recipe. Once you cut off that huge stem it doesn’t end up being much broccoli at all! I recommend buying 1 pound of packaged fresh broccoli florets to make this super simple.
How to Make Roasted Broccoli
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from half of one small lemon
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and trim broccoli florets, if necessary.* I like to cut any really large florets into smaller, more bite-sized pieces.
- Toss broccoli in a bowl with oil, salt and pepper. Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once at 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze juice of half a small lemon over the broccoli, then sprinkle with fresh lemon zest.
- Serve hot or add cold roasted broccoli to salads.
This recipe doubles and triples really easily! I found a 3 lb. bag of broccoli at Costco and just tripled the rest of the ingredients. It worked perfectly!