This salad is easily a satisfying meal on its own. You get your greens, plus fiber and protein from the sweet potatoes, quinoa, and chickpeas. The dressing is bright and so delicious. If you’re eating with carnivores, my hubby says this recipe is great alongside a baked chicken breast.
Quinoa, Sweet Potato, and Chickpea Salad
Adapted from this recipe on A House In The Hills
- 1 c. quinoa, rinse in a sieve
- 2 c. vegetable stock
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1-14 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 11 oz. (1 box or bag) organic greens
- 2 tbsp. honey*
- 2 lemons
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces (leave the skins on—they're healthy and full of fiber!) Spread the potato pieces out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the potatoes and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Toss with coconut oil, paprika, and a little salt in a bowl. Pour into a baking dish and put them in the oven with the potatoes for about 15 minutes. They'll be heated and delicious, but not crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa. Combine the rinsed quinoa with the vegetable stock in a saucepan and simmer for about 15 minutes, till all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Make the dressing. Combine juice from lemons, olive oil, honey, and a small pinch of salt into a bowl and whisk them together.
- Once everything is complete, assemble the salads. Divide the greens onto four plates or into four bowls. Top with a scoop of quinoa, some chickpeas, and a handful of sweet potatoes. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy warm.