Similar to my Dill Pickle Snack Mix recipe, I found out about this Honey-Sriracha Chex Mix recipe and just had to develop a variation I could try because it sounded so, so good! This one is even easier to create gluten and dairy free than my dill pickle snack mix and I highly recommend it. It’s quite addicting with that sweet, salty, spicy thing going on. It really hits the spot. Perfect for a book club or girls night or a game day party, what have you!
This is another one of those recipes I developed and then made another batch of that same week. It’s quick, easy and you won’t be able to put it down!
Honey-Sriracha Chex Mix (Gluten + Dairy Free)
- 6 cups gluten-free Chex™ cereal*
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews or peanuts
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter alternative
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, cashews or peanuts and pretzels; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vegan butter alternative uncovered on High about 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in Sriracha sauce and honey. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Be careful, it will be very hot!
- Spread on parchment paper to cool, about 15 minutes. Place in serving bowl; stir in popcorn. Store in airtight container.
The original recipe recommends microwaving up to 6 minutes, but I found 5 minutes to be the sweet spot. I did go the full 6 minutes the first time I made this and several of the Chex pieces did end up burnt.