French toast is just so good. Isn’t it? It’s sweet and a little savory with the egg so soft and custardy. Quite delicious! This gluten free French toast is even better and has an additional layer of flavor because I used cinnamon-raisin bread. Bonus: It’s super duper easy to make. Perfect for a holiday brunch or just a cozy weekend breakfast. It’s lovely served alongside an over easy egg for extra protein.
I used Canyon Bakehouse Cinnamon Raisin Bread, which is available at my local Target store, but any gluten-free bread will do. French toast is great because you can use dried out or stale bread and the custard just transforms it!
Gluten Free French Toast
- 8 slices Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Toast
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 T. coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon combined
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs, almond milk and vanilla until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut sugar and ground cinnamon. Add to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Soak 2 slices of gluten free cinnamon raisin bread in egg mixture. Flip to coat, soaking about 1 minute per side.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. When the pan is hot and oil is melted, cook French toast until golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and continue until all 8 French toast are made.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: I love pure maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post, however, Canyon Bakehouse did send me samples for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I will only ever share about products I absolutely love!