Just look at those juicy clementines. Mmmhmmm. These chocolate covered oranges are my new favorite dessert/snack. They’re so easy that you may as well drop whatever it is you’re doing and make them right now. You probably have the ingredients! And then you’ll have a healthy snack/dessert in your fridge, ready to go, when a craving strikes. It’s just 3 ingredients. What are you waiting for?!
To make this truly vegan/dairy free you need to make sure to use vegan chocolate. By now, you probably know what chocolate is your favorite, but if you’re looking for a suggestion, I typically use Trader Joe’s dark chocolate chips, Costco dark chocolate chips or Trader Joe’s dark chocolate bar (72% cacao). Just be sure that when you’re picking the chocolate it does not contain milk in the ingredients. Enjoy Life chocolate chips are also an excellent option. Enjoy Life specializes in products that are free from the eight most common food allergens in the U.S. so you can always eat with confidence if you have an allergy to dairy!
Chocolate Covered Oranges Recipe
- Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Oil
- Flaky sea salt, if desired
- Peel your clementines and remove as much of the pith as you can. Set aside.
- Heat dairy-free dark chocolate in a double boiler or metal or glass bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted. Stir in a little coconut oil. About ½ tsp. did the trick for me.
- Lay out parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Dip each orange segment to cover it halfway in chocolate. Lay each dipped orange segment on parchment paper lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve. Store in a sealed container up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Now go forth and make these and eat them up! You won’t believe how simple they are.